Before I get started ... We're very happy to report that our doctor's appointment this week went very well and that our glucose tests came back in good shape.
Now, on to a bit of other baby business. I just can't quite figure out how my parents (or Erin's parents, or all those parents that make up moms and dads of the 72 million or so baby boomers) were able to get along without all that crap they sell at BabysRUs. That place is like a baby aisle on steroids. Erin and I went there a few weeks back to "register" for our baby showers. I couldn't believe the sheer volume of merchandise that make up "must haves" to get by as parents. I know for a fact that my mom did not have 75% of the stuff we registered for and I feel quite confident that her three boys came out just fine. Okay, at least I know one of them did.
I was able to win one battle in the store - I used that "my mama didn't have it" argument to disuade Erin from registering for this $110 or so Bjorn thing that carries the baby in front of you ... sort of a hands-free device for parenting. All I could think of when we were looking at it was Vince Vaughn wearing one in the classic movie Old School. If they were spoofing it, it must mean it's not real masculine. So, with much professional pursuassion, Erin finally gave in and said we would bypass.
Fast forward a month and check out the e-mail I get from my good ol' buddy Ric today.
"I did not see one of these on your baby items list. While it takes a man secure in his masculinity to wear it, particularly in public, we would be lost without it. When (name withheld to protect the youth) is cranky and nothing seems to make him happy I can drop him in it and he is happy as a pig in (expletive withheld)."
The picture attached? Yup. You guessed it ... the Bjorn.
NEW TO THE SITE. We added a slide show that includes a photo from this week (No. 27 of term) below. Be sure to check that out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment